Friday, November 27, 2009

A FEAST FOR A KING...

and that was just the “nibbles” we had for lunch! “Nibbles”, indeed! There was enough variety of food and drink to serve as a dinner, so far as I was concerned. Including those big, fat jumbo prawns that I so love.

As I’d mentioned, Cliff and I were invited to friends for Thanksgiving. They’d suggested we arrive before noon, which we did. Enjoyed the “nibbles” and watched the dog show, which is a standard item with this family on Thanksgiving. Then we watched the Dallas Cowboys make turkey hash of the Oakland (Awkward?) Raiders. And THEN we had the turkey dinner. No, not turducken, but delicious roast turkey with all the trimmings. And three kinds of dessert! One of the guests had brought a buttermilk pie, which turned out to be quite delicious.

A good time was had (burp) by all.

I may have shown this video before, but it was sent to me a few days ago, and if it is not funny, it sure looks like a lot of fun:

3 comments:

  1. Oh, to be able to dance like that!

    My daughters have been in dance competitions--where they got the balance and gracefulness from, beats me, but it's a treat to watch someone having such a good time, isn't it?!

    And it takes a lot of work and practice.

    Anyway, happy post-Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enchanting video. Sounds like you had the perfect Thanksgiving: Good friends+ Good food + Good entertainment = Good time had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the dancing! and now I gotta add prawns to the shopping list (sigh) :-}

    ReplyDelete