Wednesday, November 4, 2009

EXERCISE WORKS

I did mention recently that I’d been able to stand up from my scooter, and then from my bed, which is also a little higher than most chairs. I’d tried getting up from a chair, but could scarcely get my rear end up. But I keep trying. Ugh. No go. Once more. Ummmph! Ach! Plunk!

Then a few days ago I found I could stand from the dining room table chair. It is an office type chair on wheels, and with a swivel base that can be raised. Cliff had raised it a bit for me some while ago, and that may account for my success there.

But the biggest surprise came yesterday. I do all my exercising in the bedroom where I can lean against the file cabinet to do knee bends, sit on the bed for the sitting exercises, and lie back for those on my back. Then for my last one, I need to sit in an ordinary chair, which is moderately low. Cliff has had to pick me up from that one, but yesterday (and again this morning), I said I wanted to try. It was a struggle, but I did make it both times. Success!


More funny signs -




BE SURE TO CHECK THE LICENSE PLATE ON THIS BUGGY


1 comment: